Friday, September 16, 2011

Done? Something God never is.

I went to bed early last night because I was "done" with the day. There was nothing particularly terrible about the past 24 hours in fact much of it was enjoyable and entertaining, I just couldnt stand myself any longer so checked in early. Watched survivor with our kids while delighting in the ease and yumminess of chinese takeout. ( Dont start about them swimming in their undies or me not cooking again)

As I shivered in the coolness of the brand new fall weather, I contemplated turning the heater on for a moment. I wanted the chill out of the air while I was getting ready for bed, but then the ac and the fan on once I got in the covers so I could snuggle. Some of you are nodding in total agreement and some of you, like my husband, are shaking your head AND rolling your eyes. As we both readjust the thermostat at least 51 x a day, I am thinking "I am so done with you not letting me be in control of the joy in the room via the temperature of the room." I think he considers more the online bill that relentlessly pops up monthly and is ranking affordability above joy.
Anyway all of this " done " talk reminded me of an email I was attempting to send the other day(which means in the past year). I sent it and then 3 days later I received a notice that stated, " We have attempted to send this but.............. something something with the server blah blah blah blah......"and we are done trying." I spoke audibly to the computer, of which I dont consider myself a friend, "Really? I will be the one telling you when you are done trying",and I promptly resent it.
I checked my email early in the am on the the 3rd day after the resend and there it was waiting for me again...the "we are done trying" note. I uttered, "huh, if you cant figure it out you just quit trying. interesting."
It has bugged me since I read it and I'm finally able to reconcile it with something else that washes over my brain often...
2 Cor 4.8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed, but we don't give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going.

God whispering to me..." You may resend your moaning and complaining and requests for more and better and different to me everyday.. all under the guise of prayer even, You may be unhappy with the hot stress you are under or feel I am turning a cold shoulder to you but...... I WILL NEVER BE DONE with you!"

Wow. What an example. of me to be to my husband, my kids, my job, my family and friends, my life.

I get to rest each evening when I feel done, in the arms of the MOST HIGH .....Who is never done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the conversation. You know you wanna.